- “As-Is” display cabinet from local Menards store
- Raspberry Pi
- GP-Wiz40 USB Button Interface
- Assorted Joysticks and Buttons (from GroovyGameGear.com)
- Dell 19″ LCD (with DVI)
- Computer Speakers
- Power Strip
- Cell phone power supply (for Raspberry Pi & Speakers)
Note: I am not affiliated with any of the merchants listed in this post.
Software on the Raspberry Pi:
- PiMame OS (Works really well!)
Here are some assorted design notes that some may find useful:
- I wired my “digital” joysticks to pushbutton inputs instead of the axis inputs on the GP-Wiz40, since they register as buttons when the joystick moves around.
- To use GP-Wiz40 with AdvMAME, configure /home/pi/.advance/advmame.rc with the line “device_joystick raw” (otherwise some buttons will not register).
- Command for enabling analog audio out: amixer cset numid=3 1
- I changed the AdvMenu colors in /home/pi/.advance/advmenu.rc
- 512888 replaced 247ef0
- 8f5dd0 replaced afffff
- The cabinet was painted with Sherwin-Williams color SW6559